BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
David888
Fluorite | Level 6

I created a regional map, and when i hover on, i can see the data tip i added in, however, I am looking for the options to let these data tips to pin each region (stay on the map), but have no luck yet so far. I am with SAS VA 8.3, can anyone help please? Thank you so much!

8 REPLIES 8
SurajSaini
Obsidian | Level 7

If you have only one Variable, in the data tip section then you can add that one variable in the Label section in the roles tab it will come up as label. And when it comes to the name of the region for that go to "option" then select the map background from the Esri, which has already written region name on the map. You can check the image I have uploaded below in the MS_world_doc. 

triptiagg200
Fluorite | Level 6

I am also having the same problem.

Unfortunately, in my SAS VA, I don't see the 'Label' option under 'Roles'.

SurajSaini
Obsidian | Level 7

Sorry Mate, but the Label option is available only in the SAS VA 8.3.1 version, which runs on SAS Viya3.4. 

SurajSaini
Obsidian | Level 7

Can I ask Which SAS VA Version are you currently using?

David888
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, I have SAS VA 8.3 and I cannot find the label...any other ways?

SurajSaini
Obsidian | Level 7

You cannot see the Labels because of you Map type is either  "Contor or regions" but if you changed it to either "Coordinates or Bubbles"  under the options tab 'map type' then you can see the Labels option in the Roles tab. 

I do not have any other possible way to do it but it works for me. 

David888
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, my map is about regions, not the "Coordinates", thank you for your great tips! Can anyone please help to pin the labels on the map (region maps not the coordinates)?

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

@triptiagg200 asked a similar question in Data tip on Geo map in VA 8.3. Unfortunately we do not support data labels for regional overlays yet. This feature is currently in development and should be available in one of the next releases. As you discovered - it's supported for bubble or coordinates overlays at the moment.

Regards, Falko

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation