BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
arpan_ghosh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

After unlocking the code and saving it, the columns in the output table are removed from metadata.

After saving the data query containing the custom code, the columns of the output table present in the query is removed.

But in need to run this data query on periodic basis

Let me know if I am missing something? Any suggestions

Cheers

Arpan

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

When you unlock the code, the Design and Results tabs are removed from the interface, and you must continue to maintain the query via code.  Is this the behavior that you are referring to?

arpan_ghosh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

After unlocking the code the design and Results tab are removed but when I save the query after editing the manual code the columns in the output table are removed from metadata.

But in need to run this data query on periodic basis and need to have the results in an output table.

How do I achieve that as my output table does not have any columns once I save the custom data query.

can we not save the output of custom code results (done in the code tab) in the output table?

Regards

Arpan

Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Arpan,

From your problem description, it sounds like you might have saved the query after unlocking editing on the Code tab. Try saving the data query before you unlock manual editing.

There are several steps to take before unlocking manual editing. You can find more information about them in the User's Guide here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0xlm7xwg2dyern1ph1mh...

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Lorrie

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation