BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Allycat
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Is it possible to create other custom report objects in SAS:VA beyond the custom graphs?

I'm piecing together some dashboard items and would like a way for example to simply show a coloured traffic light, single numbers or a simple pass fail gauge as objects (Infographic style).

I can sort of get away with creating a table and using a column replace gauge for the traffic light or just filtering the graph to display a single data element but the table object lacks visual appeal and customisation I'd like to have over the element (Sizing of the table in particular is a headache).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Allycat,

Graphs are the only report objects that can be customized in SAS Visual Analytics.  I can pass your requests on to a product manager, so they can be added to a list of requests for a future release.

-Joy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Allycat,

Graphs are the only report objects that can be customized in SAS Visual Analytics.  I can pass your requests on to a product manager, so they can be added to a list of requests for a future release.

-Joy

SAS_Mike
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Joy,

Sorry to jump in this thread with my question, but related to requests for improvements, what is the best way to get that information to the appropriate individuals at SAS?

Thanks,

Mike

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Mike,

Let me look into the official way to request improvements for Visual Analytics.  I'll post back after I check with a product manager.

Thanks,

Joy

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Joy and Mike,

I've raised feature requests for SAS Visual Analytics for a few years now via SAS Technical Support. They check the feature isn't in the current release and search the feature request system to see if it hasn't already been added and add it if it's a new request.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Mike and Michelle,

I checked with my contacts in technical support and product marketing.  They agree that they prefer to have feature requests go through SAS Technical Support.  Open a new track with technical support, and then they can open a feature request with the VA development team if the request isn't already in a future release.

Thanks,

Joy

SAS_Mike
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Michelle and Joy,

Thank you both for your responses.  I will open up a ticket (or two) just to get some ideas in there. 

I appreciate you both taking the time to monitor these discussions.  From an end user perspective it is not only helpful, but reassuring.

Thanks,

Mike

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Mike,

You're welcome!  It's helpful for us to hear from end users too.

-Joy

Allycat
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Joy,

Thanks for the reply.  That would be great if it is possible to increase the available objects through feedback.  It would be nice to be able to have some more basic objects for things like dashboards and just little indicators as to the status of something ^_^.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation