BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KarthikB
Calcite | Level 5

Dear SAS VA Experts,

Could you please suggest on the following requirement. Thanks in advance,

The Bar chart looks like the below.

1.PNG

The Sorting order needs to be changed to

Early -> On Time -> Undelivered -> 1 Day Delay -> 2 Days Delay -> 3 Days Delay -> >3 Days Delay.

Kindly advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Karthik,

I solved the same problem  (OTC)  while using different alphabetic labels.  (VA 6.3)

Early / Late etc.

08-10-2014 09-22-37.png

In VA 7 this is solved while using custom sorting.

08-10-2014 09-06-29.png

greetings  Peter

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Karthik,

I solved the same problem  (OTC)  while using different alphabetic labels.  (VA 6.3)

Early / Late etc.

08-10-2014 09-22-37.png

In VA 7 this is solved while using custom sorting.

08-10-2014 09-06-29.png

greetings  Peter

KarthikB
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Very much for providing solution. I am using VA 6.4. Let me also change the category values and do. Thanks.

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Peter,

Is it Possible in VA 6.4? Did you said that your solved the issue in 6.3.

Thanks,

TEja

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi teja,

i am sure it will work in 6.4

greetings. peter

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Peter,

Can you explain how to do in VA 6.4, I am not able to do it in 6.4, Please explain more.

Thanks,

Teja

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

The Custom Sort option that Peter showed above in the screen shot above became available within SAS Visual Analytics 7.1

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Michelle,

Yeah Michelle it is available in SAS VA 7.1, But my question is how we can do custom sort in SAS VA 6.4?, Mr. Peter said that the custom sort is available in 6.4.

Thanks,

Teja

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Teja,

Here some explanation regarding the work-around.

At first check if you can change/update your data source in a way you get a date instead of a month description.

With a date its easy using date formats in your reports that sort well.

Work-around is to create a new custom category where the labels are created in a way that alphabetical sorting will lead to the right result.  (as mentioned before)

So group Jan to 1.Jan    Feb to 2.feb  etc.

Now you have a new variable that contains the values 1.Jan/2.feb/3.mar  etc, that can be used in a report or graphic as the right sorting sequence.

Other option would be to use 1/2/3/4 etc as period labels to show the number of the month, as often done in financial reporting  (Fin.Period)

The labels are not perfect, but the sorting is correct now. 

That's what I called a possible work-around I once used to fix such a problem.

In you case I would surely fix the field in the database to match a Date format if possible, or even update to 7.1.

Greetings and succes.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Teja,

As Peter points out, he has provided a work around in SAS VA 6.4. The custom sort dialog is new in 7.1

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation