BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I have several issues regarding building and viewing custom graphs -

1. My supervisor created a custom graph and saved it in a public folder. But when I go to report designer, I am not able to open the template to be able to use it. However the "2G reports" are shareable and viewable.

2. I am trying to create a bar-line chart with 2 Y axes and X axes as time. A few issues here -

a) time is at a very granular level of data - daily. I want to able to aggregate it to weekly level and have the X axes say "week of 1/1/2015 - 1/7/2015" ....

b) How do I used shared roles? I need both the line graph and bar chart to have a common measure split by group (say spend and CPV by channel)

c) I would need the multiple line graphs to show the break down and 1 line graph to show the total CPV.

I cannot post any graphs since the size limit is 1K and my graph in zipped format is 52 KB.

Thanks,

saspert

4 REPLIES 4
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

fixed most of the issues mentioned here.

justin_sas
SAS Employee

Hey saspert,

What issues are left that you haven't solved yet.

Cheers,

Justin

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Justin,

The more I explore, most of the issues seem to go away over a period of time. I do have a custom field (CPV) that calculates the 'Actual Spend'n/'Vis to BLU'n. When I compare a very simple crosstab report in Data exploration to the original excel spreadsheet, I get this issue -

The cpv value matches at this level of aggregation -

Country Actual Spend Vis to BLU CPV

The cpv value does not match here-

Country Market Actual Spend Vis to BLU CPV

Country Market Week Actual Spend Vis to BLU CPV

Thanks,

saspert

justin_sas
SAS Employee

Saspert,

Have you tried the aggregate calc for the xtab, your CPV is a detailed calc versus in an xtab it grouped.

Without seeing the numbers and the difference I would start there if you haven't already.

Cheers,

Justin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation