BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BharathBandi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Is there any way I can create Read-Only Report templates?

Thanks in Advance

Bharath

8 REPLIES 8
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Bharath,

If you put the default reports in a read only folder, they can only read/use them.

After usage they can store the new reports in their own folder or release folder.

this way it works for me.

greeting and good luck

BharathBandi
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Peter. I will give it a try. But how do you change the report location from User folder ?

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Bharath,

as admin user you can assign yourselve rights on all folders.

if a user requests an update from private to "live" folder, you just copy the report

out of the private folder into "live".

you can do this both in the va web application or with the management console.

greetingso

BharathBandi
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Peter. But that's not I'm looking for, because the user has "Metadata: Unrestricted" role assigned to them.

I understood that it is not possible to create read-only report for that User.

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Bharath,

thats not true, it can be done verry simple.

Create two user groups in the SAS Man. Console    (Edit folder xxxx   and Read folder xxxx).

In the folders tab, you create a new set of folders that reflect your business  (like departments or infoarea's )

Now assign "Read MetaData" and "Read"  to the Read folder xxxx and of cource all the options for the Edit folder xxxx.

Do not forget to unmark all the options for the SASUSERS.

Now assigning users to the groups, will give them the read or edit rights on the folder AND ON THE REPORTS inside.

So the persons with Edit rights can copy reports inside, the others can only read them.   (I use departmental restrictions like this)

Can not get a picture in now, sorry for that.  (system does not upload !!! )

greetings  Peter

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

You should be able to upload now. We have been working through some SPAM problems and that prevented image uploads for a bit.

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

BharathBandi
Calcite | Level 5

Peter,

Your answer is really helpful but I want to create a report so that even a User with "Metadata: Unrestricted" role assigned cannot modify the report. When I spoke with SAS technical support, they said that it is not possible.

Thank you

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Bharath,

I do agree that this is not possible

Please consider what would be the meaning of restricting "unrestricted" users.  Its all about protection and security, and Unrestricted is Unrestricted.

Still you can restrict any user from overwriting the report by restriction on report level, but somehow they still could undo this.

Good luck, and please consider your user set-up.

Greetings

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation