BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jpapaiac
Fluorite | Level 6

I am creating a report and I need to create a filter using  a variable from a different source.  Both sources have a common key.  If that is possible is there an example

3 REPLIES 3
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

Unfortunately your requirement is not possible. Anyway can you explain bit more.....Smiley Happy.

Which type of filter you want?

Thanks&Regards,

Teja Surapaneni.

Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi jpapaiac,

It sounds like a good solution for you would be to create a data query using the data builder (data preparation).

Here's some information about creating data queries:

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.2: User's Guide

You can also find information about filtering data here:

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.2: User's Guide

Best regards,

Lorrie

Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

The Dataset from which you are creating a report, you want to filter that report using one of the column of another data set ?

I guess that is possible to do, Just add both datasets into your report. create report from your original data source then add a dropdown filter on section/report level and the assign the common column from another dataset to the dropdown.

The a prompt will appear that relation between to dataset, just map similar column between 2 datasets and I hope that will resolve your problem.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation