BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
india2016
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello All,

I want  dynamic year selection For example, If I select 2012  in drop down list should get the result for the previous year(2011), current year(2012) and penultimate year(2010) in the bar charts. For reference I have attached the screenshot.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Note that I've modified your subject line to make it more descriptive. 

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Use a drop-down list control using the "year" category, add a parameter to contain the selected year.

Then use this parameter in the filter of the three bar charts to filter on the selectedYear, selectedYear -1, etc.

Make the year a calculated numeric data item, this will work with VA7.3 and VA7.4

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

I would recommend revising your underlying data table structure!

From a performance point of view, if you are interested in always comparing Annual/Yearly aggregates (Current vs. Previous vs. Penultimate), then I would recommend calculating theses values ahead of time in your ETL and save them as physical variables in your final table.

Benefits this approach could provide you includes:

- Less Run-Time calculations

- Less Visual Objects to present Annual Changes ----> Fewer Run-Time queries against the data ----> Better LASR server performance for concurrent users.

- Ability to place all three annual values in a single visual and perform %change calculations much easier than your current approach.

Remember, use VA Explorer and Report Designer to experiment with ideas and prototypes, then once you are set on a layout or Report content, make required data changes to optimize your reports for production.

Just my two cents, Hope it helps,

Ahmed 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation