BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cesarssantos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Experts,

I want to create a button to refresh my report. Yes, I can use the More Options > Refresh Report, actually this is exactly what I need, but in a new button, one inside my report, not in the SAS page head.

Is there a way to do that?

I already looked in this two others questions:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Visual-Analytics-Refresh-Report/m-p/192590#M1443

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/How-to-Auto-Refresh-SAS-VA-Reports-to-show-lates...

But they don't have a clear solution.

Thank you guys!

7 REPLIES 7
ewv
Obsidian | Level 7 ewv
Obsidian | Level 7
Why not just put a note in the report telling users to hit F5? I know it's not as sophisticated as a button, but from my experience any buttons, etc that you can add to a report are only used for simple data manipulation/filtering of report objects
cesarssantos
Obsidian | Level 7
When you hit F5 the report is "closed", then Report Viewer displays the last reports.
At the least, this happened to me when i tried.

Thank you.
ewv
Obsidian | Level 7 ewv
Obsidian | Level 7
You know what the exact same thing happens to me too. I figured it would've refreshed the report. Sorry about that, I should've tested my solution first!
cesarssantos
Obsidian | Level 7
It's ok!
It was worth to try.
Thanks!
Meera_SAS
SAS Employee
I am unable to tell if this question is for VA 7.4 or VA 8.x on Viya. If this is Viya you could use the report level refresh or object level refresh (available in 8.3 onwards) functionality in VA Viewer to refresh a report or objects in the report. Report refresh functionality is also available in VA 7.4.

cesarssantos
Obsidian | Level 7
I'm talking about VA 7.4 in a Windows plataform.
Thanks!
c_clay
Calcite | Level 5

Depending on your report you could try something like this:

Create calculated item

choose result type Character

Type the text you want shown on button e.g. "Refresh report"

OK

Put a Button Bar in your report and assign the calculated item

Now make interaction to the objects in your report that you want to refresh.

As the user hit the button bar the objects interacting with button bar should refresh.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation