BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
daviddavid
Fluorite | Level 6

I want simple and clean KPI-numbers in a report (e.g. profit is "8%"), but cannot achieve it without also including a meter of some kind. In this sample report, Under "Promotion Effectiveness", I found what I'm looking for (picture attached). How do I replicate it?

http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/business-intelligence/visual-analytics/demo/retail-insights/sample...

Feels like a supersimple feature, yet I've spent hours to figure out how do do it..

Grateful for input!!

//David

KPI, SAS VA.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In 7.4, there is no need to use a gauge. You can create a Text object and assign a measure to the Measure role.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mike2468
Obsidian | Level 7

I believe that's a list table with a big typeface and all the chrome set to white.

PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @daviddavid,

KPI's are currently created using either Table or Gauge Horizontal Thermometer objects. Maybe Pie Charts also can be utilized for this. In the example you mentioned it seems to be the Horizontal Thermometer. Basically you use thermometer, but make the visual element disappear and rely only on the number.

Make the font big like 40. Then create a Display Rule f.ex. 0 -> 0.1 = WHITE to make the color bar always look white.

Best regards,

Petri Roine

daviddavid
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your reply Petri.

I'm quite surprised that such a simple and frequently used feature requires such an ugly hack in VA. Compared with e.g. Qlik Sense, this is not at all user-friendly.

Is there a proper solution on it's way?

varsha_sas
SAS Employee

DavidDavid,

Yes! We will have a solution for this available in our 7.4 release next year.

Thanks,

Varsha

EWS
Obsidian | Level 7 EWS
Obsidian | Level 7

release 7.4 next year?!

What happend with release 8.1 and is there any list or overview which issues and improvement / bug fixes we can expect with this new release and maybe even more important when is it planned as we are already waiting for 8.1 since may 2016....

looking forward to get some information

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I believe this sample will help you achieve your goal:

Sample 58288: Displaying the value of a single measure in a SAS® Visual Analytics report

http://support.sas.com/kb/58/288.html

bkeefe
Calcite | Level 5

So, essentially the answer is that there isn't a really good way to display a single number.  The example shows how one can alter the appearance of a gauge to looke like a KPI that displays a single number, but SAS VA doesn't actually produce these types of visuals.

There are accessibility and workload implications for having to fudge these indicators to make them work, rather than having them work as a specific type of object.  If one needs the high contrast view, one will see little white bars underneath the numbers.

Has anyone actually had any luck in producing something without having to fool the end user by setting a gauge's colour to the same colour as the background?

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In 7.4, there is no need to use a gauge. You can create a Text object and assign a measure to the Measure role.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 in conversation