BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cbt2119
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to make correlation matrix plots using 6 variables: height, weight, age,  and the ultrasound measures stiffness index, bua, and sos. For some reason, I can't get the plot to include all the variables - it cuts off the last one, "Insightsos". Can you tell me what I can do to get SAS to plot all these variables in the matrix? I'm using SAS 9.4 M4 for Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks,

Cara

ods graphics on;
proc corr data=achilles_m nomiss plots=matrix(histogram) plots(maxpoints=none);  
	by winbonevisit;
	where insight=1;
	var Height Weight1 Age Insightstiff Insightbua Insightsos;
	format winbonevisit winbonevisitf.;
run;
ods graphics off;

MatrixPlot11.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

From the documentation:

NVAR=ALL | n

specifies the maximum number of variables in the VAR list to be displayed in the matrix plot, where $n > 0$. The NVAR=ALL option uses all variables in the VAR list. By default, NVAR=5.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

From the documentation:

NVAR=ALL | n

specifies the maximum number of variables in the VAR list to be displayed in the matrix plot, where $n > 0$. The NVAR=ALL option uses all variables in the VAR list. By default, NVAR=5.

cbt2119
Obsidian | Level 7

This worked, thank you!

ballardw
Super User

Possible causes without seeing the data:

The variable is not numeric. check with Proc Contents or anything that displays column/ variable properties.

The variable is missing for all the records where insight=1 for one or more levels of the By variable.

One check would be Proc freq with insight*Insightsos on the tables statement with an identical By statement.

Insufficient space in the graphics area. You can test this by setting width and height options on the ODS Graphics to values such as

ods graphics on / width=10in height=10in;

to use a 10 inch by 10 inch display.

Do you get any tabular output for that variable?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation