BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Wienik
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I want the users of my VA dashboard to be able to copy a single cell containing a number. The cell is from the table object.

Is this possible in the SaS VA viewer?

This is import for us, because our users need to copy and paste a long number into our ERP system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wienik
Fluorite | Level 6

Oke! I found the solution for this!

Simply use a cross table instead of a list. There I can click a cell and then use select/copy/paste.

This will do just fine.

Wienik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SAS_Mike
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Wienik,

I tried a couple different ways and there does not appear to be a simple way to click and copy, but there is a work around (actually two).

The first option is for the user that is viewing the report to RIGHT click on the table, graph, or other object.  You can then export to excel and the user could just copy from there.

The other option is to RIGHT click on the object and click print to PDF.  Once the user clicks print from the menu that appears it actually opens in a browser that will let you select one or multiple cells.  The selection seems a little off, but if it is just one cell it is easy enough.  Iused ctrl+c to copy and then ctrl+v to paste and it pasted it OK.

Hope this helps, I know it is not exactly what you were looking for.

Mike

Wienik
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Mike,

Thanks for trying.

It is not what I'm looking for. The people that are going to access the report need to obtain the result fast and will need to use the functionality a lot.

Wienik

Wienik
Fluorite | Level 6

Oke! I found the solution for this!

Simply use a cross table instead of a list. There I can click a cell and then use select/copy/paste.

This will do just fine.

Wienik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation