BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, when creating Custom graphs within the SAS Graph Builder I would like to specify other colors than is provided in the Graph Builder. For non-graph builder reports I can create custom report themes to control the colors. However when using the Graph Builder I seem to be stuck with the colors in the initial set.up. 

I can choose that an element is to be viewed with e.g. Data color 4 bu I hav not found any way to change this color. Can somebody tell if this is possible or not? If possible can somebody please point me in the right direction to how I change this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BradMorris
SAS Employee

Yes, you are correct that once set, the colors will then honor the theme color assigned to that data color in the report theme that is used.  Also, as you mentioned, the Graph Builder preview only shows the graphs using assigned application theme, not allowing you to preview with the custom report theme colors.  That is a known limitation.  Looking at what is available in Theme Designer it does also look like there is the limitation of only being able to assign the 8 data colors and 3 kpi colors.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Since writing the post I see that the Colors is actually reacting to the report theme setting. However in the graph builder they do not react to this. Also in the graph builder I have more choices than I seem to be able to set in the theme designer. For instance I have KPI range color 1..5 as well as prediction limits colors. Is it possible to set these with themes?

BradMorris
SAS Employee

Yes, you are correct that once set, the colors will then honor the theme color assigned to that data color in the report theme that is used.  Also, as you mentioned, the Graph Builder preview only shows the graphs using assigned application theme, not allowing you to preview with the custom report theme colors.  That is a known limitation.  Looking at what is available in Theme Designer it does also look like there is the limitation of only being able to assign the 8 data colors and 3 kpi colors.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation