BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LiouJohn
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have 2 Control on a report that I use to help filter data that a user only want to see.  The first filter is a range slider and is based on Sales data, the 2nd filter is also a range slider and it is based on Unit Sold.  Does anyone know if the report is performing an AND or an OR condition on the 2 filters if I set Sales = $500-$1,000 and Unit Sold = 50-100.

If James's is $501 and 60 unit, Mary is $600 and 48 unit, and Joe is $620 and 60 unit.

If AND then Mary is not selected only James and Joe.

If OR then James, Mary, and Joe will be selected.

For some reason I'm getting the OR scenario.  Is this how it's supposed to work or is this a bug?

Regards

John

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The filters should use AND.

What type of data is used in each control? I'm specifically asking if both use detail data, both use post-aggregate data, or if one is detail and one is post-aggregate.

skillman
SAS Employee

Is one range slider interacting with another range slider or are both range sliders set to interact with your table?

-shawn

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation