BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mikey03
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I'm interested if anyone has had experience of creating a clinical patient profile report from SAS VA (Version 7.3) that they would be happy to share?

Typically this report would be exported to PDF or Excel (not a option for 7.3) and in a nested dataset order within a subject. I've researching this report and not I'm not convinced SAS VA has the control needed to generate the exported document when compared to base SAS.

I'm guessing there is a difference between a general purpose report tool (base SAS) and a visualisation tool such as VA that I didnt originally pickup on.

Any opinions/suggestions would be gratfully received.
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mikey03
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks SASKiwi - no wasnt aware of that. I will research the possibilities. Thanks for your suggestion.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Not sure if you are aware but SAS VA comes bundled with SAS Studio, the web-based interface to programming in Base SAS. So if you want to go beyond what the SAS VA standard interface can provide, you can always jump into SAS Studio and use SAS code or SAS Studio tasks to do that.

Mikey03
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks SASKiwi - no wasnt aware of that. I will research the possibilities. Thanks for your suggestion.

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi @Mikey03.

I'm glad you found some useful info! If @SASKiwi's reply was the exact solution to your problem, can you "Accept it as a solution"? Or if it was particularly helpful, feel free to "Like" it. This will help other community members who may run into the same issue know what may be helpful in this scenario.

Thanks!
Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

Mikey03
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Anna. I'm still interested if people have had any success with creating a patient profile report from within SAS VA and what approach they have taken.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation