BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AleCla
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

We have installed SAS VA 6.2 currently sitting on one server which is hosted in one domain ( e.g. host1.domain.com), but I need users to access it by going to the following url in a different domain (newHost.newDomain.com).

We have already set up an internal DNS to point the IP which the SAS VA server is sitting on to newHost.newDomain.com, however the problem occurs when people type in newHost.newDomain.com/SASLogon, the web address seems to re-direct to the old address of host1.domain.com/SASLogon. This causes an issue, as this address is not recognised by our internal DNS and so the page does not display and users cannot access the program.

I have tried changing the external connection settings on the SAS Visual Analytics web applications in management console, and the SAS Logon application and then restarting the server but this does not seem to resolve the issue. Is there something else which we're missing, or is there a guide which shows how to do this?

Cheers!

Alex

9 REPLIES 9
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

SAS VA 6.2 is running on top of SAS 9.3 using the intelligence platform.

A server name at EIP is registrated at many locations. Config files, metadata objects, Java applets.

When needing to change a server-name the design could better have started with logical dns-names.   

Coudl be a config-file redirecting/stating this as first adress. (look in the SAShome)

you have to check all locations for needed changes and restart the processes that possible caching something.

You midtier is a java-container, by default caching a lot. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
bhagia
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Alex,

Did you get any solution for the mentioned problem? Am also facing the same problem . If the issue is solved, please help me also to solve this issue.

Regards

Bhagya

Regards
Bhagya
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

The communication about the redirections are being done on the following way:

user's webbrowser request (aka initial URL - your newhost) -> web server (apache) (optional until SAS 9.4) -> web application server (jboss, weblogic, vfabric) -> metadata.

Then, from metadata, is the logic on the redirections. If you go to ConfigurationManager and then to your VA applications, in the internal/external connection tabs you can see to which protocol, host, folder and port number you will be redirected when you try to reach a SAS Web application, including SASLogon, VA or any other.

You have the following options:

1- Create a rewrite rule on your proxy web server to change carefully all the urls you need. And if you don't have the proxy, you can always put a web server with reverse proxy configuration in front (see Reverse Proxy configuration in SAS)

2- Use the Update Hostname utility within SAS Deployment Manager for all your SAS platform for VA... you need to change any reference to the old host to the newhost... also in configuration files. If you dont have experience I advise to ask for support.

3- You can just change the redirections within the metadata, on the place I mentioned before, but carefully and probably that also will require to change it on your web server/reverse proxy, if you have. If not, no additional changes.

Any of this changes would require an expert hand... yourself if that is the case.

bhagia
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your quick reply. Its getting logged in now but after login its showing the following message.

You have successfully logged into the SAS® Logon Manager.

For security reasons, please Log Out and Exit your web browser when you are done accessing services that require authentication!

Regards

bhagya

Regards
Bhagya
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I strongly suggest to start the whole installation from scratch with the correct server name(s). Server names are stored in so many locations in the metadata that it amounts to Sysiphus's work to get all that right. Let the SDW handle it for you.

See it as a learning experience.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

bhagia, in your case I thounk you are logging to the url http://server.xxx/SASLogon instead of http://server.xxx/SASPortal or http://server.xxx/SASStoredProcess , i.e.

After you login you can go to any application. And if you can not do it, that is another issue/topic.

bhagia
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Juan,

I tried that also(http:// ser.xxx/SASVisualAnalyticsHub).  Is there any modification required on SMC level? I have updated the external connection of Visual analytics  Hub in configuration  manager plugin of SMC. But getting 401 error.

Thanks

Bhagya

Regards
Bhagya
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi bhagia,

I am not sure about the changes you made, exactly, and the status of your configuration before them.

Could you please provide the information from internal and external connections? : protocol, host (aprox), url, port number.

Information of your wrapper.conf/setenv.sh (windows/linux installation) can be interesting to know if you have a reverse proxy configuration or only a "default" installation.

jplarios
Quartz | Level 8

Juan

I had some similar experience when doing the SAS update host tool; however on the target machine I forgot to have the required /etc/opt when on clone. Once I did the change all the sudden the behavior of the browser routing me to one machine when typing one disappeared except for log-off.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation