BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DannyC
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am using SASVA (Version 7.4) to build a dashboard of daily badge swipes for different buildings. I have multiple years of data (xxAug2016 - xxJuly2018) and can subset my report by building. I then set an aggregated value to count distinct badge swipes per day and automatically binned the time series to essentially show variability in how many people are swiping into buildings over time. I put the dates and unique swipes into a time series plot.

When I change the date slider to show about a year or less of data, the time series shows daily changes. The issue I run into however is when trying to show the full time frame (all 2 years of data), the time series re adjusts by binning to show monthly counts. Since the aggregated measure is set to count distinct badge swipes, I believe the time series plot counts distinct swipes per month (not day) and therefore inaccurately shows the data.

Is there a way to change this so binning stays at a daily level (although I know manual binning caps at 500 bins), or at the least accumulate daily unique swipes and not monthly unique swipes in the time series values?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you add a column in your data that counts distinct badge swipes per day, that should aggregate correctly regardless of how the data is binned in the time series.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation