BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anuragraishines
Obsidian | Level 7

hi,

I am bit new in SAS VA need immediate help.

I have to built report in english in SAS VA but I have to convert it into other language while migrating it into production.

Any quic help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anurag

7 REPLIES 7
varsha_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Anurag,

Which version of SAS Visual Analytics are you using and which language do you want to change the report to? Note that while you can change the language of the user interface in the browser, the actual report data will not change unless you do this yourself. You can change the language under Settings --> General --> User locale.

Cheers,

Varsha

anuragraishines
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Varsha,

Thanks for the input. I have to change language of the browser as well as
the report content.

Do you have any idea or have you implemented this so please share with me.

*Kindly find the below details requested 😘

*# Software Version 😘 SAS VA 7.1
*# Language 😘 English to Mexican

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anurag Rai

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
varsha_sas
SAS Employee

Anurag,

So the actual report content will have to be translated by someone. You can translate the data itself and then re-assign it to the report. For the user interface to be changed from English to Spanish, you can navigate to "Edit Preferences" on the SAS Visual Analytics homepage / hub, then go to "Global Preferences", and then "User locale". You'll find "Spanish - Mexican" in the drop down. I've attached a screenshot of VA 7.1 so you can see what it looks like. Sign out and then back in for the changes to take effect.

Hope that helps!

Varsha

global_preferences.png
anuragraishines
Obsidian | Level 7
hi Varsha,

That was really helpful. Thanks a lot for the input.

Regards,
Anurag Rai

attachments. -##
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @anuragraishines,

You may find this tip by Amadeus useful Translating SAS Visual Analytics Reports to Foreign Languages.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

indeed, I think what you need is as @MichelleHomes kindly pointed you to.

SAS Visual Analytics supports general web standards for multiple languages in the content. If you ask to a web developer i8 or similar will ring a bell.

Additionally, what please find information from these official resources: http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2015/05/15/sas-visual-analytics-localize-your-reports-to-support-mu...

https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/7.1/LocalizeReports.pdf 

After this, and in order to make the changes to take effect on the clients, you will need to follow the instructions as provided by @varsha_sas and the changes on your web browser and/or each SAS account select their own language on the SASPreferences web page.

anuragraishines
Obsidian | Level 7
hi,

Thanks that was really helpful.

Thanks,
Anurag Rai

attachments. -##

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation