BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SoliD
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all.

I'm looking for an easy way to maintain Aggregated Values in the same dataset, across multiple reports.

My dataset is used in 4 different reports, I have created a dataview and use it as default.

The issue comes when something changes in the business, suddenly the way we calculate an aggregated value has to change.

I have tried to change it in one report, and then save the dataview again (replace the old one) and then try to add the dataview to the other reports again, but it just duplicates my measure with (1) in front. 

Basically I'm looking for an easy way to maintain my custom measures / aggregated measures cross multiple reports in the same dataset.. ideas? 

BR Michael

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What does your Aggregated Measure calculate? Sometimes it is possible to replace an Aggregated Measure with an actual variable in your data. That way the variable / data source can be shared across multiple reports.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation