BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ramakanthkrovi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Team,

Is it possible to just display the values in a dataset without doing any kind of aggregation in a crosstab or a list table?

As my variable is a combination of numbers and ratio/percentatges I just want to display values as they are and no aggregation?

The problem is with adding category variables to the report where it aggregates values by itself, instead of showing what they are. There is no problem with numbers as it is obviously a sum but the issue arises when I have to show ratios and percentages in the same column.

Business Requirement- Tried to explain to keep them separate, basically trying to meet excel expectations here. 

Regards,

Rama.

2 REPLIES 2
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

In the list table there is an option to show "Detail data".

This will show every row without aggregation.

I am using VA 7.4 🙂

//Fredrik

Ramakanthkrovi
Obsidian | Level 7

hi Fred,

So I have a column which calculates ratio/percentages and if I group it by a variable SAS just sums up all the values instead of displaying the values I feed in.

I may not be articulating this well, your solution works well but it displays all the values in the category variable. I can create a ds in the backend to feed in values but can't have any report filters as the default aggregation SAS uses is "sum" for all the measures by default. 

Regards,

Rama

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation