BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Andalusia
Obsidian | Level 7

The following data sources where once imported from Excel, years ago. As you can see they all have a red X in front of them which means they are not available anymore.

Andalusia_0-1630406583530.png

So to solve this I tried to change above data sources with the exact same Excel files, but just with a different name. So I clicked Change Data source, located to the Excel file, chose the sheet I wanted, imported it as LASR and then clicked OK. After I click OK nothing happens....even if I click it multiple times..... what is going on??

Andalusia_1-1630406837119.png

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Now that the table is loaded, try using Change Data Source again and selecting the already loaded table. 

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

For reports that persist in time it's better to save a sashdat copy of the the tables that draw the report. If tables get unloaded and the report opens again it can recover the tables by loading the sashdat files into memory. It is necessary to have the same name and the name caslib.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation