BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
htin
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

I have install sas va 9.4 distributed successfully and started all service Up.

But When i login web sas admin, I couldn't start Lasr analytis server and public Lasr analytis server. The error is as attached file.

Please help me to fix them!

Thanks so much.

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @htin,

you need to log in with a user part of SAS Visual Analytics Data Administrators group and SAS Visual Data Administrators group, and with an OS account (on the Accounts tab on the user). However, you are logged in as SAS Administrator (sasadm@saspw) whis is an unrestricted one and probably has no OS account and not part of those groups. Hence, you cannot create a Workspace Server session (sas session).

EXCEPTION (SASJob PreCode) .  com.sas.svcs.jobexecution.client.TaskExecutionException: com.sas.services.connection.platform.MissingIdentityException: 

The user "SAS Administrator" could not log on to the server "SASApp - Logical Workspace Server". 

No valid identity could be found for the authentication domain "DefaultAuth". 

cause: com.sas.services.connection.platform.MissingIdentityException: 

The user "SAS Administrator" could not log on to the server "SASApp - Logical Workspace Server". 
No valid identity could be found for the authentication domain "DefaultAuth".
htin
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Juans!

Must I login where??

SAS MC or Lasr analytis server or Logical  Workspace server... with user which you said!!!

Thanks.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

@htin, I meant on VA-Administration web app, to log in with a SAS user with has an OS account (with enough permissions) and enoug permissions on the metadata (basically a member of the VA Admin and VA Data Admin groups).

Basically, and for testing purposes, your objective is that the SAS user should be able to validate the Workspace server on SAS Management Console.

alexal
SAS Employee

@htin,

Each user that needs to start and stop LASR servers and load and unload tables must have an account on the OS that is configured for passwordless SSH (on each machine in the cluster). If your users don't have accounts on the OS, you have to use SAS Token Authentication.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation