BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I have been using SAS VA (Non-Distributed Mode) for quite sometime. I am just curious to know that can we have SAS VA(Distributed Mode) be installed in single system for test purpose( just like non distributed mode) or it is compulsory to have multiple systems to install and configure.

Any suggestions will be great help.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
justin_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Abhishek,

To answer your questions.

1. Yes a non distributed system can be upgraded to a distributed system.

2. Yes, non distribute and distributed are different.

Regards,

Justin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It's definitely not a supported configuration, if possible at all.

Why? What do you want to test that you can't test in non-distributed environment?

Data never sleeps
justin_sas
SAS Employee

Abhishek,

The answer to your question is no, there is a distributed VA and a non distributed VA.

You can certainly asked for a non distributed VA for Test.

Regards,

Justin

avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Justin,

We do have some scenario, where one of our client do have distributed mode license but are having only single system to start up with. The remaining hardware will be available with them after some months, but they wanted to start the work immediately.

So I would like to get some help regarding following issues:-

1. We can start the work by using Non-Distributed mode which can be installed in single system. Can we later upgrade the system to distributed mode?

2. Do we require separate license for installing/configuring "Non Distributed Mode" or the present SAS Depot(Distributed Mode License) which is available with the clients will suffice the need.

Any Suggestions will be a lot to me.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

justin_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Abhishek,

To answer your questions.

1. Yes a non distributed system can be upgraded to a distributed system.

2. Yes, non distribute and distributed are different.

Regards,

Justin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation