BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sethuraman_ram
Obsidian | Level 7

Our organization is running Visual Analytics 7.3 as a non distributed deployment on Linux.

It is a standard deployment with the data analysts being assigned the VA predefined role of Data building. However, when they attempt to load a database table by right clicking the table and selecting the load table option and specifying the folder as the autoload folder , they get the error "You do not have permission to add items to the selected folder." 

However, for users assigned the predefined role of Visual Data Builder Adminstrator, this process works without an error. 

I would like to know if this is the default functionality of these roles in SAS VA. If it is the default functionality, how can users with the role Data building work around the size limitation of 4 GB for data imports? The user guide mentions that the work around for the size limitation is the autoload but I do not see it is as an option for the data analysts because of the error described above.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The permissions on the Autoload folder are not set to allow the user to register data there. They need write permissions to the folder and most likely to the host system as well.

I suggest you read the SAS VA Administrator's Guide for more information about how to set the folder permissions.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The permissions on the Autoload folder are not set to allow the user to register data there. They need write permissions to the folder and most likely to the host system as well.

I suggest you read the SAS VA Administrator's Guide for more information about how to set the folder permissions.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation