BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jithuzoom
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

Can I implement  a data query in sas va which may run for 2 hours or more ? or should I use EG?

2 REPLIES 2
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Can you provide more details on the type of query and how you were thinking about approaching it with VA?

I'm not sure VA itself would be the right tool for any heavy duty data processing although Data Integration Studio may be.

As an aside, 2 hours seems a long time unless your working with tens of millions of records?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What is the purpose of this data query? Are you preparing data to be loaded in VA or for some other reason? Usually VA data preparation is done outside of VA as the processing time is not normally an issue. If you start doing lots of data processing in VA then you could impact end-user performance.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation