BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ThdB
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Does anybody know how I can join two tables via a full outer join when there are no common fields?

I have two tables, one table has a "valid period" defined by a "date from" field and a "date to" field, the other table has a field with

just one variable: "Statement Date".

I want to join the two tables using a "where" statement, the "Statement Date" must be between the "Date From" and the "Date To" value.

Because I don't have two common fields in the tables that I want to join, I get an error when I want to save the view without a join statement, but when I create the full join, I get an error because I don't actually name the fields to be joined.

I can do this in EG, but I thought it would be a good idea to create a view using the "Prepare Data" option in SAS V.A.

Best regards,

Theun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ThdB
Obsidian | Level 7

The idea was to create a view based on 2 tables that are already in memory in stead of creating an actual table.

I have found a very basic solution for this "challenge":

I have added a key field to both tables with the value 1.

I can now join both tables on this key field.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you have already prepared your data in EG, why not load that into VA?

ThdB
Obsidian | Level 7

The idea was to create a view based on 2 tables that are already in memory in stead of creating an actual table.

I have found a very basic solution for this "challenge":

I have added a key field to both tables with the value 1.

I can now join both tables on this key field.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation