BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
paulo94
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm trying to use a brazilian cities using the SAS map WORL_CITIES but when i load the lon/lat information in SAS VA this fields are classified as category and not as metric so i cant use the custom geography then i cant plot cities on my map.

Thanks.

Capturar.PNG

Capturar2.PNG

1 REPLY 1
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Can you share a few more information how you are loading the data into memory? What version of VA are you using? It seems odd that some columns (e.g. "X") get loaded as category but others (e.g. "Y") recognized correctly as measure. Does the VA Administrator show the same classification? Unless you are using a CSV file - typically column metadata are retrieved from the source SAS data set.

Can I assume you are using the latest version of the world cities data set as per download option here: https://support.sas.com/downloads/download.htm?did=105415 ?

Cheers, Falko

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation