BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Edgarin1st
Fluorite | Level 6

can anybody could explain me the steps in order to make a Big Data project using SAS?

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Making a project happen is one thing. What software to use is another thing.

Excuse me, but what is your game?

You are asking a question in quite few different subjects. Perhaps you could introduce yourself, your role and the challenges you're facing.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Your question is too broad to answer in a single post. I suggest you narrow your area of interest and provide more context to your question. Big data means different things to different people. How big is big in your case? At the lower end of "big" you often don't need to do anything special in SAS, just treat it like any other project.

Edgarin1st
Fluorite | Level 6

Maybe by Big Data I mean to use a lot data (structured and unstructured) from many different sources: Facebook, Twitter, etc. and make some mathematical/Statistical models in the process. I work with a base of 3 millions of customers

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Then I suggest you narrow your questions to one data source and the issues you are having related to that.

Walker_cabay
Calcite | Level 5

You are asking a question in quite few different subjects.

Big data is a term that describes the large volume of data – both structured and unstructured – that inundates a business on a day-to-day basis.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation