BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

I have some grouped bar charts. I want one of the categories (Blue/1) to be the bottom color in each bar. But the default seems to be the category with the highest frequency count. This makes it really hard and annoying to compare the columns:  

Ullsokk_0-1631001186340.png

The same problem in bar charts for different variables:

Ullsokk_1-1631001290450.png

How can I have the same color/value in the same order, so that 1/Blue is always the bottom color?

6 REPLIES 6
PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, I agree that it can be annoying. However by using the ort option you can control the ordering.

Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

Where is the ort option? Can't find it, nor google my way to it.

PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9
Sry wrote sort faulty. If you use right mousebutton inside the chart you have various ways you can set the sort. Please be aware that the choices are reset if you change variables and some other changes.
Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

That got me a bit further along, but it seems impossible to have the same colors for 0/1 values, as well as having the same color on the same side, and keep the same order if there are several groups. 

PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, there are some options using display rules. It is a bit cumbersome. But you can keep colors constant for a graph a page or a report for values. I recommend that you use the manual. There are blog posts for this as well. I do not have the direct links, but reviewing some of the VA blog posts show it can be done.

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You have to work with custom sort option and with display rules.

custom_sort.pngcust.png

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation