BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
stanley82
Calcite | Level 5

Hi guys,

Can anyone share any documentation on how to setup an auto-load for the ODBC SQL server TABLES to the LASR. server ?

I manage to import the SQL TABLE to LASR server manually using the "Manage Environment - Manage Table" function. But whenever my SQL TABLE have some data append or changes from the source  , it will not auto reload the table in the LASR until you manually reload it again . 

The purpose that i want to archive is to ensure the latest ODBC tables data can be show in my SAS VA report .

3 REPLIES 3
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Stanley,

You created a direct load of the data into the LASR server, and that is a single load.

If you create a "data query" to import the data into the LASR server, you can schedule the update to refresh the data.  (Job scheduler)

This might already solve your update/reload problem.  (If a certain update frequency is ok for you) (for me it works fine)

Technically you could create SAS script for this. (Never done this by myself)

Greetings  Peter

sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

SAS Macros would be a viable option in this case. Also there is an interesting functionality available in Visual Data Builder, once the relations are defined, you can schedule the job in the Data Builder itself where you can select how often you want to query the source data and run the job. It gives you multiple options to schedule the job run and your in-memory tables would be refreshed with the fresh data available. you don't have to do it manually every time provided all your ETL layer is done.

satlr

romeomai
Calcite | Level 5

Have you ever find the answer to your question? I am facing the same issue here, I need to miror a table between SQL Server and LASR table.

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation