BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Karthikk
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to auto load the data to enable the Audit_Analytics in LASR server. I am using SAS 7.3. The steps I followed are 

1. Open the SAS Management Console and connect to your SAS Metadata server as an administrator

i.Select the Plug-ins tab

ii.Select Application Management SAS Application Infrastructure Visual Analytics 7.3

iii.Right-Click on “Visual Analytics 7.3″ and choose Properties

iv.On the “Visual Analytics Properties” panel, Select the Advanced tab

v.On the Advanced tab, edit the “va.AuditingEnabled” property and change its value to “true”

vi.Then Click the “OK” button to save your change

1. Restart the SAS Web application services.
  2. Start the LASR services
  3. Run the runsas.bat from below similar location with the same user through which you start the LASR server

<SASCONF>\Lev1\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\EVDMLA

1. Post that you should login to VA Hub and go to LASR tab to see if the AUDIT_VISUALANALYTICS table is loaded or not.

But still i am unable to enable the data in SAS VA which means it is still showing the status as RED colored. The log details are

AUTOEXEC processing beginning; file is C:\SAS\Config\Lev1\SASApp\appserver_autoexec.sas.

NOTE: AUTOEXEC processing completed.

1 /*
2 * AutoLoad
3 *
4 * Purpose: Synchronizes SAS data sets placed in a single disk location with
5 * a single LASR Analytic Server library defined in metadata.
6 *
7 */
9 /* Set the name of the LASR library to which to Auto Load */
10 %LET AL_META_LASRLIB=Environment Manager Data Mart LASR;
12 /* Include and execute main AutoLoad functionality */
13 %LET INCLUDELOC=D:\Program
13 ! Files\SASHome\SASVisualAnalyticsHighPerformanceConfiguration\7.3\config\Deployment\Code\AutoLoad/include;
15 /* ------- No edits necessary below this line -------- */
16 filename inclib "&INCLUDELOC.";
17 %include inclib ( AutoLoadMain.sas );
3832 %AutoLoadMain;
No matching SASLibrary objects found. (RC=-4 )
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING\Logs does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING\Append does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING\Unload does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory validation failed.
ERROR: Ensure that connection to metadata server is configured properly
ERROR: and that the proper autoload folder structure exists.

Kindly help me in solving this issue. Its urgent.

Regards,

Karthik

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Karthikk,

you need to apply a very similar configuration as what you have on the normal autoload folder (if you have it enabled).

To make an Autoload folder to work (this one counts as Autoload), you will need to schedule the autoload script, with the appropiate user, with metadata access, and the correct metadata rights to access the appropiate metadata objects (LASR server, library, folders, tables, etc). This user will need the access also to the filesystem where the scritps are present and where the data is present.

Karthikk
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello JuanS,

Thanks for the immediate reply. I am sorry to say this but I am actually new to this admin responsibilities so i did not understand it properly.

Kind request is that if you could share a doc which has detail steps or if you could explain me in a step by step with example that will be of great help. 

Also Did not understand about the permissions and schedule script in what you have mentioned.

All I did was follwed the above steps to enable the data but it did not work.

Regards,

Karthik

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Karthikk,

I would strongly recommend you to read the Administration guide for Visual Analytics ( http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/7.3/en/vaag.pdf ), specially the following chapters:

• Autoload, page 22
  • Key Actions Auditing, page 48

What user do you use to start the LASR services and load the data? That is the user you would probably need to sechedule your Autoload process (the lasradm user?) . THis user should be part of the Data Administratros and the Visual Analytics Administrators metadata groups, and have sufficient OS permissions. 

Karthikk
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello JuanS,

I used SASAdmin to make changes and to restart SAS web app services also which has all permisions given to the user. 

Using this user only I ran runsas.bat file which will be located in Lev1\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\EVDMLA.

Regards,

Karthik

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Karthikk,

I understand SASAdmin is a Windows user, with local administration permissions. Is this correct?

Is this user registered in the SAS Metadata?What groups is this user part of, in the SAS Metadata?

Maybe I am wrong, but probably it would be good for you to attend a couple of SAS courses, SAS Intelligence Platform Administration and SAS Visual Anlytics Administration. The secod one will specially help you on this process, and give you some hints about metadata permissions. The first one will give you a good overview on how the SAS metadata works.

Karthikk
Fluorite | Level 6

Ok JuanS. Thank you for your time. 

Regards,

Karthik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation