BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
htin
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

I have a question about sas va 9.4 dístributed.

Is SAS VA 9.4 distributed Integrated below products?

Thanks so much!

Analytics Pro

SAS/ETS

Integration Technologies

SAS/ACCESS to PC Files

SAS/ACCESS to ODBC

Enterprise Guide

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @htin,

the set of components to describe here is a completely different solution than SAS VA-distributed. Those correspond to another solution named SAS Analytics Pro.

• SAS VA is a server-based solution, and since is distributed, is installed on Linux.
  • SAS Analytics Pro is a desktop-based solution (it probably comes with SAS Base as well) where you can open SAS Enterprise Guide and run SAS code locally on your PC. It allows you to connect to a server as well and run code there (if you are licensed to do so). 

If you want to use this SAS Enterprise Guide by connecting to SAS VA-distributed, that probably means you would need the EG license on VA (and register/deploy the public type in there) and for some procedures, such as IMSTAT you probably would need and additional license for running remote connections to LASR (cannot recall the name of this license at this moment).

I can only guess you are asking this question with a specific purpose. Perhaps if you share this purpose we can help you better.

Otherwise, perhaps it would be better for you to contact your SAS contracts representative.

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Juans!

sas va and sas pro have sas base, if I have installed sas va on server 1, so I can use sas base of sas va to install sas pro??

Because sas pro includes SAS BASE,  SAS/STAT, and SAS/GRAPH or I must install new sas base for sas pro!!

Thanks so much!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @htin,

not completely sure on what you mean, but that is something you can check in your SAS Analytics Pro license. I would expect SAS Analytics Pro would include SAS Base, SAS/STAT and SAS/GRAPH, yes. 

Something else I would like to add. There are 2 distributions of SAS Analytics Pro: server and client. Which one is yours? On my previous message I assumed it is the client one, but I might be mistaken.

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Juans!

My mean is server side.

Can sas va and sas pro install a server and use sas base???

Thanks.

htin
Quartz | Level 8

Can sas va and sas pro install a server and use sas base together???

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @htin,

1. you can deploy VA and Analytics Pro together, however I don't see the advantage, and I would not recommend you to do it, technically speaking (and if you do that, merge the licenses!)

2. speaking of usage of SAS Base, while SAS Analytics Pro is legally and technically meant for creating  your own code, VA it is not, not exactly, the SAS Base license is meant for LASR usage. There might be reduced licenses, reduced procedures, etc.

Anyway, as I said on my earlier post, I strongly suggest you to contact your local SAS representative for your company.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation