Obsidian | Level 7

please guide me how to resolve the issue

An error was encountered loading the data SPRINGBOOT in sas viya 3.5

8 REPLIES 8
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Are you confronted with this??

Usage Note 69359: "An error was encountered loading the data...Cannot find the requested data source" occurs after promoting a SAS® Visual Analytics report
https://support.sas.com/kb/69/359.html

Koen

LalmanVerma
Obsidian | Level 7

LalmanVerma_0-1703759757607.pngLalmanVerma_1-1703759830716.png

when i open application activity its showing like this plzz suggest how ro resolve.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

If you are the developer of this report then please provide more information like the relevant bits from the server logs. 

If you are just a report user then please talk to your SAS Admin or the developer in your organisation that created this report.

My very first questions would be:

1. What's the Viya version?

2. Did this report ever work in this environment?

3. If the report ever worked: When did it work last? Do you know what changed since it worked last?

LalmanVerma
Obsidian | Level 7

1. What's the Viya version? ..... 3.5

2. Did this report ever work in this environment? ....yes

3. If the report ever worked: When did it work last?..... last month

4. Do you know what changed since it worked last?...........don't know what changes done.

FYI...

this is default home page when we click on environment manager this page is come and i think this is default report.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@LalmanVerma Thanks for answering my questions. I've done a bit of digging and it appears this error could have multiple causes. I suggest you raise this directly with SAS Tech Support. 

...and of course: Viya 4 adds so much functionality - time to upgrade 🙂 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@LalmanVerma - Obviously something has changed since this report last ran successfully to cause this problem. From the errors you are getting it is clear that the SPRINGBOOT table is not current loaded into CAS memory. That is triggering a load from source which is also failing. Who maintains this data source? I'm assuming it isn't you as you don't know what has changed. I suggest you consult the person maintaining this data source or your SAS administrator to find out what has happened.

LalmanVerma
Obsidian | Level 7

LalmanVerma_0-1703824958611.png

LalmanVerma_1-1703825053541.png

LalmanVerma_2-1703825201214.png

there is no SPRINBOOT table in data source as you can see in screen shot and no data in sysData directory.

if any please suggest and how to recover it.

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

The SPRINGBOOT data were swiped from memory (possibly due to a patch and reboot of the SAS server). Someone needs to load the on-disk copy of the data back into memory. The on-disk copy presumably has the extension *.sashdat (in-memory format) or possibly also *.sas7bdat or possibly also *.csv. ( If *.sashdat, look in the CASLIBs you have. )

That loading back into memory can be done with PROC CASUTIL or with PROC CAS or via point-and-click in the SAS Environment Manager. (It cannot be done from within SAS Visual Analytics!) The SPRINGBOOT CAS-table should also be promoted so that it is available in all CAS sessions (and not only to the session were it was created / uploaded).
I recommend finding the one responsible for maintaining that data source. He / she will know what to do. Maybe you don't even have sufficient permissions to do it yourselves as you appear to be a "report consumer" (with all due respect).

BR, Koen

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation