BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
davismak
Calcite | Level 5

Dear talents,

I am new to SAS VA and have a difficulty on a scenario would like to have your helping hand. 

I would like make some report (Pivot Table / Listing Box etc) and save as report template on the server.

User can access these report and edit for changing the data source to some other data source. Therefore, they can use the same report template to make different report for their purpose without waiting IT's help.

To achieve this, the lock on the save function on the original report template is required. User should never save their changes on the template but should be allowed to save as a new report in their folder.

I know how to do this in Tableau by disabling save function and allow save as function in the report permission but I have no idea what should I do to achieve this setting in SAS VA.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Davis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

You need admin rights for this.

On the admin tab you can browse the folder structure.

On each folder you can set permissions for read/write/etc...

You can do this on group and user level, group level is recommended.

Right click on the folder you want to set permissions on and select permissions/authority and then grant/deny write 🙂

//Fredrik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

You need admin rights for this.

On the admin tab you can browse the folder structure.

On each folder you can set permissions for read/write/etc...

You can do this on group and user level, group level is recommended.

Right click on the folder you want to set permissions on and select permissions/authority and then grant/deny write 🙂

//Fredrik

davismak
Calcite | Level 5

HI Fredrik

Thank you for your answer. Let me try this and update you once it works. Thanks again.

//Davis

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation