BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi All,

Present I am working on VA 7.1, is there any way to send percent based emails, let us suppose ..

I have data like this

E-Name      Target          Actual             Achvt%           email id    

X                    200               200                    100%             x@abc.com

Y                    100               23                         23%            y@abc.com

Z                      200             100                      50%             z@abc.com

is there any way to send alert or Email who's achvt is below 60%.

X acvt is 100% so i want to send email or alert except X.

Is there anyway to achieve this...

Thanks.

Teja Surapaneni

4 REPLIES 4
Meredith_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Teja Surapaneni,

In Visual Analytics, click on Report Designer. I will be using the data you have provided above as an example. Therefore, in Designer I would create a list table with E-Name, Target, Actual, Achvt%, and Email ID as column headers. Then, on the right side there are a list of tabs including Properties, Styles, and Display Rules. Click on the drop down arrow that will state List of Tabs when you highlight over it. Here, click on Alerts, then click on new alert. In the Expression tab, customize your alert to have the Column as Achvt%, Operator as <, and Value as 60. In the Subscription and Notification tab, click the plus sign to add registered users that would receive the alerts if Achvt% for any row is below sixty percent. However, you can only send the alert to a registered user in the system, in which their email will be linked to their name. Therefore, when X and Y are below sixty percent, any subscribed user will be notified. In addition, you can control how many notifications are to be sent to the subscribers per minute, hour, and day. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Thank you,

Meredith Bailey

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Bailey,    

Thanks for response,

E-Name      Target          Actual             Achvt%           email id   

X                    200               200                    100%             x@abc.com

Y                    100               23                         23%            y@abc.com

Z                      200             100                      70%             z@abc.com

You are saying that if any employee is doing below 60%, The mail(alert) will sent to all registered employees, But i want to sent only that particular empl. who is doing below 60%. from the above example i want to send alert  only for Y and it should be automated.

Thanks,

Teja Surapaneni.

Meredith_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Teja Surapaneni,

Yes, if one employee in particular is below sixty percent, the alert will be sent to all registered users who are subscribed to the alerts. Unfortunately, there is no way to only send an alert to that specific employee who is below sixty percent.

Thank you,

Meredith Bailey

DonJanssen
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'd guess one could restrict the access to the table in such a way, that each user only sees his/her own row(s).

And then if in the row with the name of person A in it, the specific value occurs, person A gets a message, but not all the others.

Wouldn't that be the VA behavior one can expect?

Don

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation