BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ssnawaz
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

How to convert an aggregate measure to measure value.

Thanks,

Nawaz.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You really need to provide some detail about what you have and what you are attempting. What kind of "aggregate" do you currently have? What kind of disaggregate to think you want from that?

One example of a somewhat better description: I have a numeric value that is the total sum of sales for a calendar month and I want a daily value if sales were made on 24 days.

From that a daily value of the average sale could be made such as total/24.

But I have a numeric value of 1234 and want to get something else requires some additional information.

Hint: if all you have is a percent or sum there could be many ways to get back to some "measure" but utility of some if not most may be questionable.

ssnawaz
Calcite | Level 5

I have a custom graph made of both Scatter plot and Line graph(Line graph runs in both x axis and y axis).

The Problem or solution i require is for the line graph.

In the line graph (for now lets only consider x axis):

Line graph needs to show the average.

The variables needed is already calculated using aggregate measure [i.e., (Group by)P values / (group by All)Q values = XX]

So XX is the aggregated measure.

Now i want to calculate a simple average(ex: 20/10 = 2, So the average should be 2) which i can use in the line graph(created in custom graph).

Now when i use the - Avg(XX) in aggregated measure, i cant do that as SAS VA says i cant use an aggregated function).

So i am looking for solution for this.

Thanks. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation