BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AlberIngan
SAS Employee

Hi everyone,

I'm new on SAS VA 6.2 and I have a question regarding on how SAS VA handles Aggregated Measure on Column Totals. When I say Totals it is the sum of the the numbers inside that variable or column. For example, I have variables A, B and C. Variable A is an Aggregated Measure while B is a Measure and to get variable C I would do the computation A*B in Aggregated Measure. If I put them on Cross tab and click on Show column total in it's Properties, instead of getting the sum of Variable C in the totals I would get the values of Total of A * Total of B. Is there a way I would get the Sum of Variable C in the totals for aggregated measure?

Thanks.

Albert

1 REPLY 1
Barnipaz
Obsidian | Level 7

May be I've havente understund your problem but if the istuation is this

a 100  10

b   50  30

c  20   40

d 10    20

Then

sum c = 100*10+50*30+ 20*40+10*20

In this case not use the aggregate measure but the 'normal measure

sum c = (100+50+20+10)*(10+30+40+20)

In this case use the aggretagate measure with sun for group

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation