BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
May15
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I'm working on a report in SAS Visual Analytics in the Report designer using two different data sources A and B. I've already created an aggregate measure based on a measure of A and another one based on a measure of B. Does anyone know if it is possible to create another aggregate measure based on these two aggregate measures? My problem is that they come from different data sources.

It would be really helpful.

Thanks,

LF

4 REPLIES 4
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You would have to join the underlying data before adding it to SAS Visual Analytics to use both in the same calculation.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

May15
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi TriciaAanderud,

Many thanks for helping. Unfortunatelly, I can't do that because after joining the data other issues come up when filtering the data through drop-down lists in SAS Visual Analytics.

Thanks anyway.

LF15

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If you can describe your issue and requirements in not so abstract words, it could help us come up with an alternative solution.
Data never sleeps
May15
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi LinusH,

Thanks for your answer. The other issues are not properly related to SAS Visual Analytics but with the way the data would be displayed after a previous join, which doesn't help me then in SAS VA. That's why I didn't give details about it. It was just to explain that the first post describes what I really needed.

Thanks anyway.

LF

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation