BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sseanhennessyy
Obsidian | Level 7

I was playing around with our usage report today and noticed something strange. I'm seeing time recorded for usage later than the current time (see below).

The 'Now' column is using the now() function from a calculated item.

Any ideas why this might be happening? The most current actions look to be the one I am currently taking within SAS VA.

Times later than current.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
sseanhennessyy
Obsidian | Level 7

Yep, I think that is exactly what is happening. Thanks!

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

We have similar issues. now() will give us local time, but the timestamps in the system's user base (AIX) are in GMT. In the summer, I can see password changes at 5 am 😉

sseanhennessyy
Obsidian | Level 7

I was able to get around this by making a calculated item using this formula in VA:

TreatAs(_Datetime_, ( TreatAs(_Number_, 'Timestamp'n) - TreatAs(_Number_, TimeFromHMS(6, 0, 0)) ))

the 6 in the TimeFromHMS( ) function is how many hours you need to move it, in this case, I'm calculating for central time.

Visually it looks like this

Change Date.JPG

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation