BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
edaynes
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

Is there a way to add row percentages in a cross tab or even a list table in SAS VA?

For example,  I have 3 columns, A,B,C and want to then get a total column of A+B+C.

I then want to have a column that gives me the percentage of A out of the total column.

Also, is it possible  to do column A / column B to give me that precentage?

In Excel it would be  '=A1/B1' in the new column to give me the percentage. Is this doable in SAS VA?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJongman
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes this is possible. You need to add a new calculated item.

Untitled.png

You can find the option on the tab 'Data'

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Select option new calculated item

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DJongman
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes this is possible. You need to add a new calculated item.

Untitled.png

You can find the option on the tab 'Data'

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Select option new calculated item

edaynes
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

That worked thanks.

When the calculated item has been put into the list or crosstab I found that you needed to select  'average' as the aggregation for it to do the correct calculation.

When I created it as a new aggregated measure instead then it automatically set it as the correct calculation.

I had to remember to change the format to percentage too.

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation