BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LisaSklar
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to add leading spaces to a calculated item that is going on a button bar, but VA won't display them. I am using 7.4. I have tried adding the spaces to the text itself inside the quotation marks, and also concatenating a sting of just spaces.

(This is to workaround the inability to right justify text in button bars... which is to workaround the fact that you can't put a text box in the report prompt area...)

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Astounding
PROC Star

As a SAS programmer with no VA knowledge ...

Are you able to apply a format to your field?  In SAS language, the $CHAR formats maintain leading blanks that might otherwise be removed from displaying:

format varname $char10.;

LisaSklar
Obsidian | Level 7

Unfortunately, that did not work. Thanks for the suggestion, though. 

LisaSklar
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear there's not a way to make that work, but I appreciate the response.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation