BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thompsonke
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using SAS Viya Visual Analytics, and trying to recreate a report in VA that was originally done in Excel.  Is it possible to create a Drop-Down List on the first page of the report that has actions on the following pages.  I can add them to the top of each page, but it was be better to only have to do it once.  This is a quarterly report for 29 hospitals that have 14 measures.  I want to be able to select hospital and quarter on the first page and each of the 14 pages of measures is updated.

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

One way of doing this is to assign the drop down list selection to a parameter and then add a data filter to the data source that uses the parameter, for example the hospital selection. The data filter will apply to all report tabs using the same data source.

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you add the drop down to the report section instead of the tab section the same filters will be shown on each page of the report, wouldn't that be enough?

Otherwise using parameters as @SASKiwi says works great, you can assign the filter directly on the data source (data source filter), but I have noticed some slower performance doing this instead of setting the filter on each object...

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation