BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BStone
Obsidian | Level 7

Guys,

We have recently implemented audit reports and everything is working well, with the exception of the /EVDMLA/audit_visualanalytics.sas7bdat and /EVDMLA/Append/audit_visualanalytics.sas7bdat tables. All the other audit tables are updated in /EVDMLA data directory, including the VA web Application. The audit_visualanalytics table is not updated in the VA app or on the server.

Any ideas where I can check to track down the issue?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @BStone,

If this is still an issue, you may want to check out Gerry's latest blog post that takes a look at under the covers with SAS Visual Analytics auditing - What is going on with my SAS Visual Analytics audit data collection?

The links in the blog post may also help.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
userid007
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @BStone

If you are still looking for the solution, it was the autoload setting that needs to be updated on SMC for VA 7.2 

Under Application Management tab >

Visual Analytics 7.2 > Properties > Advanced 

Change va.AuditingEnabled to true from false. 

Best , 

Sai Korrapati

Sai Korrapati
mrtball
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

We've got SAS 9.4M2 - VA 7.2 - but I can't currently find a AUDIT_VISUALANALYTICS dataset being produced anywhere. 

EMI Framework settings are like this:

EMI Framework Setting...

EMI Framework Initialized [true]
APM Initialized [true]
ACM Initialized [true]
KITS Initialized [true]
APM Enabled [true]
ACM Enabled [true]
KITS Enabled [true]
VA Feed Enabled [true]

Also in SAS MC  va.AudtingEnable is set to true.

So just wondering does anybody know which EMI Framework process produces the AUDIT_VISUALANALYTICS dataset and why it is not getting created?

Thanks,
Tom

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

This is a very good video that walks you through the process:

http://support.sas.com/training/tutorial/gel/gelva04.html

mrtball
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Madelyn,

Thank you, from Bobbie's video - She details that:

• 'If the Visual Analytics middle and server tiers are on separate machines which are not the same operating system, the audit data feed is not supported'

We have our our Web App Middle-Tier on a Windows server and our VA Server tier is Red-Hat linux so does this mean that VA Auditing will not work at all?

Thanks,
Tom

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I believe the restriction is specifically the compute server (where the workspace server is) and the middle tier being on different machines. Where is VA running in relation to the compute tier? If they are on different computers with different operating systems, then the audit and relationship data feeds are not supported.

In addtion, if you have the SAS Visual Analytics Administration and Reporting (VAAR) product, then auditing is not supported.

Otherwise, you might find this note helpful:

http://support.sas.com/kb/60/182.html

mrtball
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Madelyn,

Thank you for your response.

We have VAAR. And also our Compute tier is Windows and the VA is linux.

So based on your response this means that VA auditing is not supported on our environment unfortunately.

Thanks,
Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 5 in conversation