BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nbrucken
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

What application do you use to send out email blasts to your membership?  MSUG has been using MailChimp, but we were notified today that they've decreased the maximum number of contacts allowed under their free plan, as well as the maximum number of emails that can be sent per day, and we'll be over both of those limits, so would have to move to a paid plan starting in March. 

Thanks,

Nancy 

1 REPLY 1
Quentin
Super User

Hi Nancy,

BASUG uses Wix to host our website, and Wix has integrated email blast tools as well.  So that won't help.  Before we moved to Wix a couple years ago, we were also using Mail Chimp, but I think we paid for it.

This reminds me, I'm going to post a question to see what people think about "pay-what-you-want" webinars.  If 20% of free webinar attendees were willing to pay $5 for a free webinar, that might help cover some of these UG expenses.

Look forward to hearing e-mail blast thoughts from others.

Thanks,

-Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.