BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
laurenhosking
Quartz | Level 8

How would I analyse this table to know wether to reject the null hypothesis at sig level 0.05. All examples online have an extra column6.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Your N is too small for any conclusive results, assuming this is homework, you need to run the ANOVA and interpret the results. You should have all you need to answer your question now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
It's a two sample test, you need to have two columns one for your grouping variable and one for you values, so Class is your grouping variable and Grade is your continuous.
What is the hypothesis you're testing?
laurenhosking
Quartz | Level 8

the hypothesis im testing is that that the morning class performed worse than the afternoon class

morning class is 1 and afternoon is 2 

Reeza
Super User
Your N is too small for any conclusive results, assuming this is homework, you need to run the ANOVA and interpret the results. You should have all you need to answer your question now.
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

If your hypothesis only goes one way, i.e. it was excluded from the start that the morning class could do better than afternoon class, consider the unilateral test p-value under "Pr < Z". But if both outcomes were possible, look at the Pr > |Z| prob.

Those results are approximate (but usually pretty good). You may also request an EXACT test, if available in your version of SAS.

PG
laurenhosking
Quartz | Level 8
Is this the Pr<z under the t approximation column? Also as I did this for a 2 sided test would I divide this answer by 2 for a one sided test. Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation