BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Noelle
Calcite | Level 5

hi there 

I have just downloaded and set up SAS university edition to do some elearning (sas programming level 1).  The issue is to set up the library data etc, I need to copy and paste from the popup window, however I seem to not be able to paste anything in the code tab.  I would be happy to type it but knowing its 10000 lines I want to see if there is a fix for it.  I have tried Ctrl + V and also right click paste but it doesnt even load it remains blank however if i paste in word exel it works.  Any ideas?  as this is stopping me to continue with the elearning module.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

I can copy and paste code by Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V .

but unable to do it by right click mouse .

Reeza
Super User

Absolute worse case - paste it into a txt file editor, such as Notepad, save it with a SAS extension and open the program within SAS UE. 

However try the following first:

1. Ensure you're not using Internet Explorer. 

2. Click in code tab - make sure you can type and then try paste - CTRL+V, Right click, or Edit>Paste

3. Restart VM and browser and try again

Noelle
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your suggestions, 1, 2 and 3 did not work.  However, it did work saving it in Notepad as a .sas did work.

I appreicate your help 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation