BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Victoria123
Calcite | Level 5

Dear friends,

Im using the SAS studio for study. Today i tried to open a sas7bdat in sas but the screen was stuck at the "open the table" status. Do you have any idea on how i can quit from the status or delete the table? It is in University Edition, works on web. Restart doesn't work.

QQ20171119-205142.png

7 REPLIES 7
Victoria123
Calcite | Level 5

restart doesn't work

Victoria123
Calcite | Level 5

thanks. but the solution doesn't work on my sas. Woman Sad

Victoria123
Calcite | Level 5

yes im using the University Edition - sas studio on demand

Reeza
Super User

@Victoria123 wrote:

yes im using the University Edition - sas studio on demand

@Victoria123 You're using SAS Academics on Demand. 

SAS University Edition runs locally on your machine, no internet connection required. But your screenshot shows the folder structure for On Demand. 

SAS Academics on Demand runs on SAS servers in NC (or wherever they host it) but you need to log in and upload your data. 

Additionally, SAS AoD has more modules in comparison to SAS UE. 

Both are SAS Studio implementations. This is an important differentiation, as you have less control over the SAS AoD settings because it's not on your local computer. If this was SAS UE, I would have recommended you find the file, delete or move it temporarily, restart and it should clear off the error. Unfortunately this is an approach that won't work in SAS AoD because I think the only way to access the files/folders is through SAS Studio. If there's an FTP approach you could try a similar method. 

If the approach mentioned in the link didn't work, I think you're going to need to contact SAS directly for assistance. 

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @Victoria123

Maybe, there is an option available to you.

There is an option in the Autoexec.sas for SAS Studio which indicates that the user wants to pick up where the last session left off. So to deal with this problem, you should just hit the interrupt button when the page stars to load, and then stop that process.

Steps are:

1. Log in into SAS Studio with Firefox. When you see the table attempting to load, go ahead and stop the page from loading (click the X beside the url)
2. Click on your preferences -> click "Edit Autoexec file" -> verify that there are no files running (if there are go ahead and stop/delete those)
3. Log out and log back into SAS Studio (If the table is still loading the next time you log into SAS Studio perform step 1

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Damo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation