BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gejoachim99
Fluorite | Level 6

I've been using SAS University Edition for about a year now to do work using a .sas7bdat file that I access from a server, then put in my folder on my computer so I can access it in SAS - SASUniversityEdition>myfolders. This has worked for a year now, but in the last few days, even though I do the same thing, and put the same dataset in the same folders, it does not show up in SAS Studio anymore in the "Server files and folders" section. Any ideas for what could be going wrong? Is there some update that I missed? 

I also downloaded SAS on demand for academics to try and use that program instead, but then I can't figure out how to get my .sas7bdat file on there. So, an alternative question - how do I load my dataset on to this SAS program? 

Help with either or both questions would be much appreciated. If you need some more information just let me know, at a loss here. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
For On Demand, go to the Servers Files and Folders section, then click the up arrow and upload your sas7bdat file to where you'd like.

For UE - this happens sometimes I find. The code works though so sometimes forcing a refresh or just restarting SAS UE works. Are you unable to access the data set even if it's not showing up in the Library pane?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Maybe something changed with regards to the definition of your shared folder.

Anyway, since UE is going away very soon, I suggest you upload your .sas7bdat file to your ODA account with the upload feature of SAS Studio, and define a LIBNAME in your ODA that points to teh directory where you stored the file.

BTW, you can't "download" On Demand for Academics. You only browse to the ODA website, and do your work strictly through the web interface.

Reeza
Super User
For On Demand, go to the Servers Files and Folders section, then click the up arrow and upload your sas7bdat file to where you'd like.

For UE - this happens sometimes I find. The code works though so sometimes forcing a refresh or just restarting SAS UE works. Are you unable to access the data set even if it's not showing up in the Library pane?
gejoachim99
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, that's helpful.

And yes, just says the dataset doesn't exist within UE. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@gejoachim99 wrote:

Thank you, that's helpful.

And yes, just says the dataset doesn't exist within UE. 

If you have a file with a .sas7bdat extension in a directory of a library, but SAS won't find it in code, then it may be that the filename is not all lowercase, which is necessary for SAS to open the dataset successfully.

Reeza
Super User
Show a screenshot of the file in myfolders in Windows/Mac and a screenshot of the libname statement and libname view in the Library pane please.

I suspect Kurt is correct.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation