BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BartDekeyser
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

im fairly new to tasks.

I tried a few things and the basics go pretty well.

But i have a question .

I want to populate a combobox in sas studio tasks. And the values have to be a distinced list from a table in a database.

How can i achieve that

Thank you very much

5 REPLIES 5
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi @BartDekeyser,

Could you please provide more background information on what you mean by a distinct list from a table in a database?

The Common Task Model does have a distinct control, which is essentially a combobox that contains the distinct values for a role variable.  For example, you may want to chose the level of interest for a response/target variable to be modeled.  

The Sample Task has an example of this.  First specify the "Required variable" Role on the DATA tab, and then go to the "DISTINCT" section/group in the OPTIONS tab.

Would this work for what you are trying to do?

BartDekeyser
Calcite | Level 5

Distinct might work thank you

i want the following :

Table A ;

Year            SCOPE

2016             4

2016             6

2017             5

2017             8

They ask 2016 so i want to show 4 and 6 in the combobox

BrianGaines
SAS Employee

@BartDekeyser,

I believe the functionality you ultimately want is a "cascading prompt" in which the selection made by one combo box would then filter the values that are available in another combo box. 

This type of control currently is not available in the common task model framework.  The good news, however, is that this is currently being researched and developed to tentatively be included in the next release of SAS Studio, which will hopefully be near the end of next year.  

Best,

-Brian

Jlochoa
Obsidian | Level 7

Cascading Prompts in SAS Tasks would be an awesome feature. Cognos BI has this feature that allows a dynamic input criteria.

MarcBosteels
Calcite | Level 5

Hello
Is this feature already available in SAS Studio?

Best regards

Marc

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation