BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rays2016
Calcite | Level 5

I have been using SAS Studio to execute SAS University Edition for about 4-5 months.

Over the weekend I successfully executed a sas program. Last night and today I attempted to rerun the program and got the following error, "No space left on device".

In the saslog I also got the error messages.

ERROR: Insufficient space in file WORK.'SASTMP-000000142'n.ITEMSTOR.
ERROR: Fatal ODS error has occurred. Unable to continue processing this output destination.
WARNING: No body file. RTF output will not be created.
ERROR: Out of space writing to file /tmp/SAS_workE687000007B7_localhost.localdomain/#LN00062.

How can I resolve this space issue?
Thanks for any assistance.
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewHowell

Hi - looks like your vitual server has run out of virtual disk space and might need a clean-out.

Are you assigning permanent libraries (and then neglecting to manage their storage)?

Suggestions:

- Prior to running your job, execute a PROC DATASETS LIB=WORK NOWARN NOLIST KILL; RUN;

- Start with a fresh SAS University Edition, and see if the problem arises from the very start, or if you have to run it several times before it falls over.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Andrew

therajatmadaan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Andrew,

I am facing the same issue and i also tried running the statement:PROC DATASETS LIB=WORK NOWARN NOLIST KILL; RUN;

but its showing the same error that "No Space Left on Disk". Is there any other solution ?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation